How will my mother look now?

'How will my mother look now?'~ Rosa Carrafa


How will my mother look now?



I look at myself as I stand in front of the mirror as I drape my fine knit cardigan over my shoulders and wonder, 
' would my mother have looked like me at my age?'

I have only my thoughts to keep me from drawing her face as she may have been.

How do I do this when I literally am living older than my mother? 

I sigh a long heavy breath as a lean to my left side with my left hand on my waist and gently outline my jawline with my right.

I touch my chin and then lean forward. My chin is that of my father's, with the little cleft in the center. I smile and my thoughts immediately went to my himas I remember him smiling while his chin was home to his deep cleft.

My eyes wondered over my facial features in hope that I have something of my mother here in front of me.

Maybe I have forgotten what she looked like?
I panicked.

I crossed my right arm across to my left shoulder and there it was, my beauty spot on my chest. 
It wasn't in the exact spot as my mothers, but it's there. 

I look closer to my face, there she was in front of me the whole time. 
My face has her features as I smile, my eyes become her. 
As I now shed a tear from my eyes, I am her too. 

My mother is in me. 
I am my mothers' daughter.
No matter how my mother may look now.

~Rosa Carrafa

Author, Artist & Spiritualist
From an up coming book.


Author & Artist of 'Aspects of Me' 
A beautiful simple affirmation book to empower children, teens and adults to live a life of 'I CAN'.


Comments

  1. This is just beautiful Rosa. Much Love, Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lauren for reading this and sharing your comment on here. ☆

      Delete

Post a Comment